Life stress and lower abdomen obesity are the two major causes of gastroesophageal reflux. Exercise can not only relieve stress, but also reduce weight, which is a good way to improve this disease. This article is taught by a medical doctor how to use simple movements to increase muscle and thin abdomen , and then improve the problem of gastroesophageal reflux.
GERD ‘s symptoms
Common symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux include heartburn, chronic cough, hoarse voice, sore throat, foreign body sensation in the throat, bad breath, chronic pharyngitis, night cough, and even cause asthma or “Barrett’s esophagus” (Barrett’s esophagus). Barry’s esophagus is a precancerous lesion, which may evolve into esophageal cancer. Don’t be careful.
4 major cause of GERD obesity is an important factor
The main problem of gastroesophageal reflux is excessive relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter. There are four possible causes:
1. Physiological factors: obesity, aging, diaphragmatic hiatus hernia.
2. Dietary factors: sweets, high-fat foods, chocolate, coffee, mint, etc.
3. Living habits used to: smoking, drinking, weight-bearing long-term work to do stoop or bend over to do sports.
4. due to psychological factors: life stress leads to autonomic nervous system disorders.
Among them, stress, dessert, obesity and gastroesophageal reflux are closely related.
Medical literature points out that stress conferences promote the brain’s preference for desserts and high-fat foods. In addition to sitting for a long time, people are prone to gain weight, thicker waist circumference and increased visceral fat will increase abdominal pressure, which will affect the lower esophageal sphincter. Contraction, causing acid reflux .
How to lose weight in patients with gastroesophageal reflux?
Patients with gastroesophageal reflux should pay attention to diet and exercise more.
1. Diet: less sweets, less high-fat foods, and drink less alcohol. Eating these things is easy to gain weight, and it is also easy to cause a large amount of gastric acid secretion.
2. Exercise: Exercise can both relieve stress and reduce weight. It can do two things with one stone. The simplest exercise is to walk 30 minutes a day, or 10,000 steps a day. Practicing simple yoga, Tai Chi, and core muscle exercises are also very suitable.
◎ Train the core muscles , easily reduce the abdomen and improve gastroesophageal reflux
Modern people sit for a long time, the lower abdomen is protruding, fat is accumulated in the lower abdomen, and the core muscle group muscles gradually lose with age. If you can exercise the core muscles of the back and abdomen, you can increase the muscle mass, increase the basal metabolic rate, burn fat, eliminate cellulite, and naturally reduce the waist circumference.
The following recommended three exercises to train your core muscles to help you reduce abdominal fat and improve acid reflux problems:
● Stick posture
Face down, support your elbows on the ground, touch your toes on the ground, and lift your body parallel to the ground. Support for more than 20-30 seconds per movement.
● Improved sit-ups
Traditional sit-ups are easy to hurt the waist. It is recommended to only do “sit-ups and half-ups”. The upper body does not have to be straight, as long as you get up a little about 30 degrees. Support for more than 20-30 seconds per movement.
● Training abdominal muscle posture
After lying flat, straighten your legs and merge with your abdomen to lift your legs about 30 degrees. Support for more than 20-30 seconds per movement.
Do each of the above three actions 10-20 times a day, and take a rest for 20-30 seconds after each time you do it. At the beginning, you can do it according to your physical fitness, and gradually increase the number of times.
Tips for patients
1. Do not lie down or lie on your stomach immediately after eating.
2. Do not drink soup, drinks or water at the same time when eating.
3. Don’t wear too tightly, nor should underwear and shapewear be too tight.
4. Medication is not the only choice. Physical health cannot rely on medication alone. More importantly, mental health is the best way to cultivate positive stress-relieving habits.