ATM Full Form? Today we will Learn about about ATM and it’s full form. Together we will also know how to use ATM and about it history. Because knowing ATM full form is not enough. We should know every useful things which affect our daily life.
What is the full form of ATM ?
A – Automated
T – Teller
M – Machine
The full form of ATM is Automated Teller Machine or Automatic Teller Machine. John Shepherd-Barron invented ATM in 1967 in London. He is a British resident, Scottish. But the prototype of the first ATM was invented extraordinary man by Luther George Simjian already in 1939.With the help of ATM machine you can withdraw money without going to bank. And it is easy to use.
English abbreviation of ATM
- Automated Teller Machine
- Automatic Teller Machine
Types of ATM
There are two type of ATM machine. One is for withdraw money and checking balance where another one is for deposit money, make credit card payments and also get account information. Bank costumer use ATM for transaction. Users can access their accounts with ATM card. It is a special type of plastic card which helps to use the ATM machine.
What is ATM?
ATM is a machine for dispensing cash by credit card within the limit set for the cardholder. Installed in large stores, train stations, on the streets. Issues money upon identification of the owner of a plastic payment card through a computer network connected with the bank’s settlement center. The procedure for issuing money also includes typing the personal identification code of the cardholder from the keyboard. Therefore, it requires compliance with information security rules.
What is ATM card?
ATM card is a card issued by a bank that is useful for operating an automatic teller machine (ATM). With it, the owner can make many transactions: cash withdrawals, transfers, payments, top up credit, etc. So that customers do not need to come to the bank to meet the teller for this matter. Just look for an ATM that is spread out and can be run 24 hours non-stop.
How to use ATM?
- Never use the help of strangers if the card is “stuck” or there are other problems with the transaction. Do not get distracted while working with an ATM. Many scammers use this method.
- Before entering the PIN make sure that other customers waiting in line are at a sufficient distance not to see the keyboard and not to observe the PIN being entered. Stand closer to the ATM and cover the keyboard with your free hand. If it is difficult, enter the PIN-code with your middle finger, covering the keys with your palm.
- To avoid disruptions in ATM operation, follow the instructions on the display screen exactly. For example, do not rush to enter the PIN code until the ATM asks you to do so.
- If you have even the slightest doubt that the ATM is working properly. Press the Cancel button then remove the card and go to another ATM.
- If the card does not go through the slot then never use force. The ATM is either damaged or fraudsters have inserted a reader into it.
- In case of the slightest malfunction (the card does not pass, inadequate information appears on the display, etc.) immediately call the bank.
- Be sure to collect the transaction receipt and keep it. After you finish working with the ATM, take your time, hide the receipt. And carefully put the cash and card in your wallet before leaving the ATM.
Advantages of ATM
- Provide 24 hour service
- Provide privacy in banking communications
- Reducing the workload of bank staff
- Provide new currency notes to customers
- ATM provides convenience for bank customers
- Very useful for travelers
- ATMs provide fast and precise service
- Transfer of funds between bank accounts or other banks
- Check balance
- Print a list of recent transactions
- Change your pin
- Deposit cash
- Recharge prepaid cell phones
- Bill payment
- Cash withdrawal
- Features in regional language or English
Also Read: What is the Full Form of WHO? More Information And Detail