What is the WHO Full Form?
The full form of WHO is World Health Organization.
The W.H.O Official website is – https://www.who.int/
History and Facts about WHO
The WHO(World Health Organization) founded on 7 April 1948 (now World Health Day) as part of the United Nations.
The World Health Organization mission is to works around the world to promote health, safety and protection for vulnerable populations. It’s goal is to bring better health and well-being for more people.
The W.H.O includes 194 countries.
Its headquarters are located in Geneva.
There are six regional which are mainly located in the regions of Africa, Europe, South East Asia, and America.
And 150 national offices around the world with at least 7,000 employees.
Who finances WHO and how?
Funding for WHO is the membership fees of the participating countries, which are calculated according to the size of the population and the wealth of the country. As well as voluntary contributions from individuals, charitable foundations and non-governmental organizations which differ from year to year.
Now the largest financial donor to WHO is the United States, whose contributions account for almost 15% of funding, followed by China. In 2019, the United States allocated about $ 553 million to WHO, China – almost ten times less.
Also traditionally among the countries that pay the largest contributions are Great Britain, Japan and Germany. And in 2016-2017, the contribution of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation amounted to almost $ 650 million and was the second largest after the United States.
Top 10 Countries Funding the World Health Organization
|1||USA||$116M||(24% of total)|
|2||China||$57M||(12% of total)|
|3||Japan||$41M||(8% of total)|
|4||Germany||$29M||(6% of total)|
|5||U.K||$22M||(4% of total)|
|6||France||$21M||(4% of total)|
|7||Italy||$16M||(3% of total)|
|8||Brazil||$14M||(3% of total)|
|9||Canada||$13M||(2% of total)|
|10||Russia||$12M||(2% of total)|
W.H.O research facility
W.H.O fought against some dangerous diseases and today, due to the contribution and dedication of W.H.O, these diseases have been eradicated to a great extent
W.H.O handwashing guidelines
The World Health Organization ( W.H.O ) advises everyone to always wash their hands to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 corona virus. Clean hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water or an alcohol-based liquid. Washing your hands with soap and water or using an alcohol-based cleanser can kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Washing your hands can keep you healthy and prevent the spread of respiratory infections and diarrhea from one person to another. Germs can be spread from other people or surfaces when you:
1. Touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
2. Eat or prepare food and drinks with unwashed hands.
3. Touching contaminated surfaces or objects.
4. Wiping, coughing, or sneezing into the hands and then touching other people’s hands or objects.
7 steps to wash hands properly according to W.H.O
According to W.H.O, washing your hands to be clean takes about 20-30 seconds. Follow the 7 steps to wash hands properly according to W.H.O to prevent infection with viruses, germs, and bacteria.
1. Wet hands and pour or rub the soap product into the hands.
2. Cup your hands together and rub in the soap product that has been poured.
3. Place the palm of the right hand on the back of the left hand with the interlaced fingers and repeat the opposite.
4. Place the palm of the right hand to the palm of the left hand with the fingers interlaced.
5. The right and left hands clasp each other and the fingers are linked so that the soap hits the nails and the base of the fingers.
6. Rub the left thumb using the right hand and vice versa.
7. Rub the clasped fingers of the right hand on the palm of the left hand and vice versa. 8. Rinse and dry. Once dry, your hands are safe from bacteria and dirt.
If under certain conditions, there is no water and soap or you cannot use water and soap to clean your hands. Another solution is to use a hand sanitizer.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends using a hand sanitizer. Which is at least 60 percent alcohol based. While they can help reduce the number of germs on your hands quickly. But still hand sanitizers cannot get rid of all types of germs. They are not as effective as washing your hands.
Hand sanitizers also cannot remove dirt and oil on hands. How to use a hand sanitizer quite easy. After applying the gel to your hands scrub the surfaces of your hands, fingers, and between your fingers until they are dry.
So, today we learned the full form of W.H.O and some other information, hope enjoyed it.