Mr. Smith had 4 daughters. each daughter had 4 brothers. how many kids does Mr. smith have? This is one of the most common and tricky riddle most people ask. But, not to worry it is actually very easy to solve. We are going to solve it step by step.
The thing is this puzzle/riddle also takes a few different forms:
- Mr. Smith has 4 daughters. Each of his daughters has a brother. How many children does Mr Smith have?
- Mr. Smith had 4 daughters. Each daughter had 4 brothers. How many kids does Mr. Smith have?
- Mr Smith has four daughters. Each daughter had 4 brothers. How many children does Mr Smith have?
But they are actually same question.
Mr. Smith has four daughters, and each daughter has a brother. There are 6 people in this family. Confused??
The correct answer is Mr smith has 5 kids which makes it total 6 people in the family.
- 1 Lets check it step by step –
- 2 How many people are there in this family ?
- 3 Mr Smith had 4 daughters each daughter had 4 brothers. How many kids does Mr smith have?
- 4 Some answer from twitter
- 5 People also type in google for “Mr. Smith had 4 daughters each daughter had 4 brothers. How many kids does Mr. smith have”
- 6 Extended information:
Lets check it step by step –
Lets assume that 4 daughter have younger brother and his name is Jack.
Mr. Smith have four daughters, 1+4=5, which means that Mr. Smith plus four daughters make a total of individuals.
Every daughter has a younger brother, which means that the boy is the youngest in the row and is the younger brother of four daughters. Because if there is more than one younger brother, there is not only one younger brother for the eldest daughter.
In other words, there are 6 people in this family. The six people in this family are: father, four daughters, and one son.
There is no standard answer to this question. If the question is changed to say that the younger brother is the smallest in the family, then there are 6 people. Otherwise, 6 to 9 people will call dad four daughters and one son together, which is six people, so the son is the youngest.
Each of the four sisters has a younger brother. Dad+1, 4 daughters+4, the key is this “each daughter has 4 younger brothers”, the family will definitely not be divided into that detail, for example “Every daughter has 1 dad”, no matter how many daughters there are, you can only be a dad, so these 4 daughters really only have 1 brother.
If that not the case the answer will be –
So, Dad+1, 4 daughters+4, 4 brothers+4, a total of 9 people. Which is wrong.
There are five people in the family. Dad also have a son. The son is the youngest among the children.
father have four daughters, and each daughter has a younger brother.
How many people are there in this family ?
ANS – There are 6 people in the family
For the question –
Mr Smith had 4 daughters each daughter had 4 brothers. How many kids does Mr smith have?
Ans – mr smith have 5 kids in total.
Some answer from twitter
He almost got wrong
Diana explained how she saw it.
People also type in google for “Mr. Smith had 4 daughters each daughter had 4 brothers. How many kids does Mr. smith have”
“mr smith had 4 daughers 4 brothers”
“mr smith had 4 daughters, each daughter had 4 brothers”
addition is used in the above calculation process. The nature of addition operations are:
1. The same digits are aligned.
2. Calculate from the ones place.
3. When adding a few tens, advance to the higher digit.
4. Adding several addends, you can exchange the positions of the addends arbitrarily.
5. Add several addends first and then add other addends, their sum remains unchanged.