Many times the local SIM provider sells fake SIMs in your name. If a crime is committed with this sim card, you will be held responsible for it. Also, on many occasions one may have to go to jail.
When you buy a new SIM, you have to provide photo and identity card like driving license or photo copy of election card. But many times the local sim provider prepares a fake copy of your photo and identity card and sells out many fake sims in your name and sells them. If a crime is committed with this sim card, you will be held responsible for it. Also, on many occasions one may have to go to jail. In such a situation, you can find out online who is running a fake SIM on your ID. This fake SIM can also be blocked with the help of the government portal. Let’s know about it in detail-
Department of Telecom launches portal
The Department of Telecommunications has launched a portal from tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in domain. The database of all the mobile numbers operating across the country is uploaded in this portal. With the help of this portal, there is an attempt to curb spam and fraud. If you believe that someone else is using a mobile number in your name, then you can make a complaint through this website. Explain that at most 9 SIM cards are issued on one ID. If you believe that fake numbers are running on your ID, then that number can be blocked with the help of the government portal.
This is the whole process of use
- Users will first have to visit the Department of Telecommunications portal tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in.
- Where you have to enter your 10 digit mobile number.
- After this, an OTP will come on your mobile for mobile number verification.
- By inserting this OTP your number will be verified.
- After this, a list of all those mobile numbers will come, which are running on your ID.
- Users will be able to complain about these fake numbers on this government portal.
- The government will investigate the fake number mentioned by you.
- If the number is found to be running on your ID, it will be blocked.